Take care when packing your checked luggage, carry-on bag, and personal items for airline travel.
By Federal Law, certain items are considered hazardous and are prohibited from all Allegiant flights. Violation of Federal Law could result in up to 5 years imprisonment and a fine of $250,000 (2020年欧洲杯冠军预测49 U.S.C 5124).
Below is a listing of common hazardous materials and restricted articles. If you don't see your item here it doesn't mean it's allowed in baggage or on your person. When in doubt, leave it out.
Please refer to the FAA safe packing references below for most current, comprehensive guidelines.
Carriage of alcohol, wine and liquor must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Alcohol content may not exceed 70% by volume (140 proof)
- Must be in the original unopened retail packaging
- All alcohol and liquor is subject to TSA screening
- Alcohol or alcoholic beverages in amounts greater than 3.4 oz. must be transported in checked baggage. Amounts less than 3.4 oz. in carry-on luggage are subject to the
- Up to five (5) liters of alcohol or liquor between 24% (48 proof) and 70% (140 proof) per passenger is permitted in checked baggage.
- Passengers may not consume their own alcohol on board. state that “No person may drink any alcoholic beverage aboard an aircraft unless the certificate holder operating the aircraft has served that beverage.”
Consumer portable electronic devices containing lithium-ion or lithium metal batteries such as Laptops, Cell/Smart Phones, Electronic Cigarettes, Tablets, Hand-held games, Camcorders, Watches, Calculators, etc. are permitted in checked baggage. These devices be transported in carry-on luggage or on your person.
Devices which contain lithium batteries recalled by the manufacturer / vendor (e.g. Samsung Galaxy Note7) are prohibited to be carried for transport by passengers on their person, in carry-on baggage, or in checked baggage.
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测Allegiant will not accept for transport portable recreational vehicles such as electric skateboards, balance gliders, hoverboards or self-balancing boards of any type powered by lithium metal or lithium ion batteries onboard or in either checked or carry-on baggage.
Luggage powered by lithium-ion batteries, commonly known as “Smart Bags” or “Smart Luggage” pose a safety risk when carried onboard aircraft.
Due to this, there are certain requirements which must be fulfilled in order for this type of luggage to be accepted for transport.
A. Carry-on Baggage:
- Luggage is within Allegiant size limitations (link to size limits)
- Lithium battery does not exceed 100 watt hours (Wh)
- Any signal transmitting capabilities must be able to be turned off and comply with portable electronic device (PED) restrictions in the Safety Information Card
B. Checked Baggage:
- Lithium battery must be removed and carried in the aircraft cabin
- Lithium battery does not exceed 100 watt hours (Wh)
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测If the Smart Bag does not meet the above safety requirements it will be refused at check-in, and it will be the passenger’s responsibility to arrange for the storage or disposal of such items prior to boarding.
All current requirements on the carriage of lithium batteries apply to the carriage of Smart Bags.
Spare Lithium Batteries
- Spare (uninstalled) lithium ion and lithium metal batteries must be carried in carry-on baggage only. When a carry-on bag is checked at the gate or at planeside, all spare lithium batteries must be removed from the bag and kept with the customer in the aircraft cabin
- Spare batteries must be protected from damage and short circuit (i.e., the terminals must not come in contact with other metal)
- Protection methods include: leaving the batteries in their retail packaging, covering battery terminals with electrical tape, using a battery case, using a battery sleeve/pocket in a camera bag, or putting them snugly in a plastic bag or protective pouch
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测Size Limits for Lithium Batteries:
Each installed or spare lithium battery must not exceed the following:
- Lithium metal (non-rechargeable) batteries are limited to 2 grams of lithium per battery
- Lithium ion (rechargeable) batteries are limited to a rating of 100 watt hours (Wh) per battery (2 maximum)
NOTE: Batteries with more than 160 watt-hours are forbidden in air travel
Wet Cell (Spillable)
Wet cell batteries (most boat, car or motorcycle batteries) are not allowed in checked or carry-on baggage.
The only exception is for a passenger's wheelchair or assistive device. Please visit Allegiant FAQ’s for more information
Articles such as mace, pepper spray, tear-gas, etc. are not permitted on Allegiant aircraft in checked or carry-on baggage.
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测Use of non-hazardous ice packs (blue ice, gel coolants/gel packs) as an alternative to using dry ice is encouraged.
Should dry ice be used, it is subject to the following limitations:
- Meet carry-on baggage size requirements
- Customer Service Agent must be notified during airport check-in
- May not weigh more than 5.5 lbs. (2.5 kg)
- Per package and per passenger in carry-on or checked baggage
- Must NOT be air tight and must allow the release of carbon dioxide gas
- Package marked with:
- "Dry Ice" or "Carbon Dioxide, Solid"
- Net weight of dry ice
- Contents of package
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测Styrofoam or other plastic foam containers are not acceptable for items that may leak during transit.
Many "instant" or "rapid" cold packs that use ammonium nitrate are regulated hazardous materials and may not be carried in carry-on or checked baggage.
Wet-ice shipments are not2020年欧洲杯冠军预测 allowed as carry-on baggage or checked baggage
Electronic Cigarettes (vapor / e-cigarettes)
These devices are battery powered and have a heating element that vaporizes liquid (that may or may not contain nicotine). Electronic cigarettes are prohibited in checked baggage and may only2020年欧洲杯冠军预测 be carried in the aircraft cabin (in carry-on baggage or on your person). These items are not allowed to be used onboard any flight.
When a carry-on bag is checked at the gate or planeside, all electronic cigarette and vaping devices, along with any spare lithium batteries, must be removed from the bag and kept with the passenger onboard.
WARNING: Lithium batteries must be handled with extreme care. Lithium batteries must be compatible with the device. Installed batteries must not be more powerful than what the device is designed for. Homemade "modified" battery packs–whether installed in a device or carried as a spare–are forbidden on aircraft. Spare (uninstalled) lithium batteries must be placed in carry-on baggage.
Explosives such as firecrackers, fireworks, signal flares, flare guns, gunpowder, hand grenades, sparklers, etc. no matter how small, are strictly forbidden from carriage onboard the aircraft or in checked luggage.
Flammable Liquids or Solids
Articles such as fuels (gasoline or Sterno cans), glues, paints and paint solvents, lubricants, waterproofing products, seam sealers for tents and other flammable substances are forbidden from carriage onboard the aircraft and in checked baggage.
Containers, equipment, and engine parts that contain residual fuel or fuel vapors are also forbidden in carry-on and checked baggage.
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测Matches and lighter guidelines are as follows:
- One (1) packet of safety matches (regular matches) may be carried on your person or in carry-on baggage
- One (1) common lighter (gas/butane or absorbed liquid/Zippo style) may be carried on your person or in carry-on baggage
- Up to two (2) lighters enclosed in a U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) approved case may be placed in checked baggage
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测When a carry-on bag is checked at the gate or planeside, any matches and lighters must be removed from the bag and kept with the passenger onboard.
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测Lighter fuel, lighter refills (liquid or gas), and lighters containing unabsorbed liquid fuel (desk/table lighters, antique wick lighters) and "strike-anywhere" matches are forbidden on one's person or in carry-on or checked baggage.
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测Aerosols (laundry starch, cooking sprays, insecticides), bleach, drain cleaners, spray paint are not permitted in carry-on or checked baggage.
Motor Oil and Fluids: While not regulated as hazardous materials, items such as motor oil, hydraulic fluids, brake fluid, and transmission fluid are not allowed in checked or carry-on baggage due to the damage they can cause if spilled.
Medical Devices and Mobility Devices
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测Cylinders/cartridges containing nonflammable, nontoxic gases may be worn in mechanical limbs or prosthetic devices, and spare cylinders/cartridges may be carried in carry-on or checked baggage.
Implanted medical devices that contain hazardous materials, such as a heart pacemaker containing Class 7 (radioactive) material or lithium batteries; and radio-pharmaceuticals that have been injected or ingested are permitted.
Battery Powered Mobility Aids:
Battery-powered mobility devices (wheelchairs/scooters, etc.) will be checked at no additional charge at the ticket counter or gate and transported if the cargo compartment is large enough and if all federal HAZMAT safety regulations are satisfied. Additionally, it is recommended that all removable parts (i.e., cushions, arm or leg rests, and side guards) be stowed in an overhead bin or under a seat if the parts fit and also meet all FAA safety requirements for onboard stowage.
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测In some situations, it will be necessary to remove the battery from the passenger’s wheelchair or other mobility device, and to package it separately:
- Any spillable battery contained in a wheelchair that cannot be loaded, stowed, and secured and unloaded in an upright position
- Any battery that is not securely attached to a wheelchair
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测Proper labeling of battery cables and/or providing detailed disconnection and reconnection directions will assist ground personnel at the departure or destination city to easily disconnect/reconnect the battery to the wheelchair/scooter.
Click here to download the wheelchair description form.
Wet Cell (Spillable) Batteries
If your wheelchair/scooter is powered by a wet cell (spillable) battery, it can be carried as checked baggage, provided:
- Visual inspection reveals no obvious defects
- Battery is securely attached to the mobility device
- Battery housing provides protection from damage
- Terminals are protected from short circuits
- Battery cables disconnected, unless protected from accidental activation
- Loaded, stowed, secured and unloaded in an upright position
- When it is not possible to store in an upright position, the battery will be removed, placed in a protective battery box, as required by federal HAZMAT safety regulations, and loaded into the cargo compartment of the aircraft at no additional charge.
Dry Cell (Non-spillable) Batteries
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测If your wheelchair/scooter is powered by a dry cell or gel (non-spillable) battery, it should not require disconnection from the device, unless the device meets any of the criteria listed below:
- Not securely attached to the wheelchair or mobility aid
- Does not have a means of preventing accidental activation (key turned to “off” and removed, on/off switch in the “off” position, etc.)
- Has obvious defects
Lithium-Ion (Li-ion) Batteries
If your wheelchair/scooter is powered by a lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery, Allegiant personnel must be able to determine that the battery is approved for transportation and must meet specific criteria, such as:
- Have a means of preventing accidental activation (key turned to “off” and removed, on/off switch in the “off” position, etc.) or possible short-circuiting
- Show no signs of any defects
- Securely attached to the mobility aid
- Labeled, or provide documentation showing the battery has been proven to meet the requirements of each test in the UN Manual of Tests and Criteria, Part lll, Sub-section 38.3
- For mobility aids where the lithium-ion battery is installed as an essential part of the device, there is no watt hour limit for the battery
If your device is specifically designed to allow its battery to be easily removed (i.e. a collapsible scooter, etc.), the battery must be:
- Carried onboard to be stowed in the cabin
- Protected from short-circuiting (by placement in original retail packaging or otherwise insulating the terminal e.g. by taping over exposed terminals or placing each battery in a separate plastic bag or protective pouch)
- Labeled, or provide documentation showing the battery has been proven to meet the requirements of each test in the UN Manual of Tests and Criteria, Part lll, Sub-section 38.3Passengers are allowed to transport two (2) spare batteries less than 100 watt hour (Wh) each in carry-on baggage
Other Assistive Devices
Other assistive devices, such as walkers, canes, crutches, CPAP machines, etc., that can be stowed in compliance with FAA safety regulations, will not be counted toward your one carry-on plus one personal item limit. If an assistive device cannot be stored safely in the cabin, we will tag your device and transport it in the cargo compartment.
Oxygen (Compressed or Liquid)
Passengers may not carry oxygen (compressed oxygen or liquid oxygen) in checked baggage, in carry-on baggage or on their person. Products such as "canned oxygen," "recreational oxygen" and "flavored oxygen" are also forbidden.
FAA-approved personal oxygen concentrators (POCs) are allowed. Please visit Allegiant FAQ's for additional information, forms, and requirements.
Personal Care Items
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测Toiletry or medicinal items for personal use including aerosols (hairspray, deodorant, shaving cream, sunscreen, repellent, etc.), perfumes and colognes, nail polish, rubbing alcohol, inhalers and medicines are permitted in carry-on and checked baggage.
For Carry-On Baggage, all liquids, gels, and aerosols are subject to TSA security checkpoint screening .
For Checked Baggage, Quantity Limits per Person apply:
- Cannot exceed 70 oz. (2 kg) by mass or 68 fl oz. (2L) by volume
- Capacity of each container must not exceed 18 oz. (0.5 kg) or 17 fl oz. (500 ml)
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测Aerosol release devices (button/nozzle) must be protected by caps or other suitable means to prevent accidental release.
Tip: If it does not touch your body when you use it, then it likely does not qualify for the medicinal & toiletry article exception. Visit the TSA web site for “ for the most up to date information.
Hair curlers (curling irons) containing a hydrocarbon gas such as butane, no more than one per person, in carry-on or checked baggage. The safety cover must be securely fitted over the heating element. Gas refills for such curlers are not permitted in carry-on or checked baggage.
Flameless meal products such as HeaterMeals or Meals Ready to Eat (MREs) are forbidden in checked baggage, in carry-on baggage and on passengers.
2020年欧洲杯冠军预测Please visit the following links for additional information:
When in doubt, leave it out!